On November 15, 2022, DigitalSign in partnership with the Pol√≠cia Judici√°ria (Criminal Police of Portugal) held a workshop on the theme: ‚ÄúCybercrime and Secure Digital Transformation‚ÄĚ.
The evolution of the digital transformation poses new and growing challenges from a security perspective.
The digital has an impact on all sectors of our daily lives and, for the common user, living with the multiple dimensions of security, due to its complexity and constant change, presents itself as quite complex.
From the perspective of cybercriminals, the possibility of committing crimes at a distance gives them a sense of impunity. They cross the networks of multiple countries and jurisdictions where local legislation either does not provide for the crimes committed or does not apply to the jurisdiction where the crime is committed. In many cases, the method applied by the criminal makes it impossible to obtain evidence to find them and, as well, to punish them.
We thus streamline a workshop that aims to present different perspectives on the subject of cybercrime and information security.
There were more than 170 people who accompanied us during this productive day and in which expectations were largely exceeded by both the organization and the participants.
This workshop featured a range of excellent speakers with extensive experience and knowledge on the subject of cybercrime and digital security, as well as extremely relevant topics:
- Opening of the workshop - Lu√≠s Neves, Nacional Diretor at Pol√≠cia Judici√°ria and Carlos Cabreiro, Director at UNC3T
- ‚ÄúThe eIDAS Regulation and its relevance for a secure digital society‚ÄĚ - Nuno Pimp√£o, Lieutenant-Colonel at National Security Office - Portugal
- ‚ÄúThe typology of cybercrime in national critical infrastructures ‚Äď some examples‚ÄĚ - Ricardo Oliveira, Director at Eurotux
- ‚ÄúPrevention of identity theft in remote identification processes‚ÄĚ - √Ālvaro Matos, General Manager at DigitalSign
- ‚ÄúThe importance of eIDAS as a mitigation of cyber-risk: the example of electronic invoicing‚ÄĚ - F√°bio Rego, Lawyer and Business Development at DigitalSign
- ‚ÄúBanking phishing - a case study‚ÄĚ - Paulo Gon√ßalves, Chief Inspector at the Coordination of the Central Section for the Investigation of Computer and Technological Crime of the PJ‚Äôs National Unit for Combating Cybercrime and Technological Crime
- ‚ÄúCyber-information management at Banco de Portugal‚ÄĚ - Pedro Silva, Coordinator of the cybersecurity and IT compliance area at Banco de Portugal
- ‚ÄúCase study: the dematerialization of EDP processes with legal and IT security‚ÄĚ - Nuno Goes, DGU ‚Äď Digital Global Unit | Security & IT Risk at EDP Energias de Portugal
- ‚ÄúCybersecurity ‚Äď from behaviors to organizational practices‚ÄĚ - C√©sar Afonso, Chief Inspector in Coordination and Information Officer at UNC3T from Pol√≠cia Judici√°ria
- ‚ÄúThe role of trust services provided for in eIDAS: the case of the European Commission‚ÄĚ - Apostolos Apladas, Program Manager - eID and eSigning Services at Comiss√£o Europeia
- ‚ÄúNew National Digital Identity Card of Brazil‚ÄĚ - Eduardo Magalh√£es de Lacerda, Director of Citizen Identification Modernization at General Secretariat of the Presidency of the Brazilian Republic
- ‚ÄúWrap up and closing round table moderation‚ÄĚ - Joana Mota Agostinho, TMT Lawyer and Data Protection Partner at Cuatrecasas e Rog√©rio Bravo, Criminal Investigation Coordinator at Pol√≠cia Judici√°ria
- Closing of the workshop ‚Äď Rear Admiral, Ant√≥nio Gameiro Marques at National Security Office ‚Äď Portugal
We could not fail to thank all the speakers, all those present and all the partners who joined DigitalSign and the Policia Judici√°ria for the success of this event: National Security Office - Portugal, Banco de Portugal, European Commission, General Secretariat of Presidency of the Bazilian Republic, Edp, Cuatrecasas and Eurotux.
For all those who could not be present and enthusiasts of this theme, we took care to capture the audio of all the interventions and make it available in the Podcast ‚ÄúO Cibercrime e a Transforma√ß√£o Digital Segura‚ÄĚ (audio in Portuguese), which you can listen to through the platform Spotify at the following link: https://open.spotify.com/show/2CwUugGDr5ERKgHbobLRLt?si=f93addf672af4dbb